[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Current PC Specs - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Current PC Specs

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:44 pm

List em because I know Christmas was good to many of our PCs :grin:
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

NomortaL
n00b3

Postby NomortaL » Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:08 pm

Alrighty.

800mhz AMD T-bird 452RAM
Geforce2 GTS
17' monitor
Razerboomslang 1k
(thats really it. nothing else to brag about, hehe).

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:42 am

you know what mine is..... no go to the for sale section and buy the thing!!!!!!!!!!
[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]
Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:53 pm

hehehe.. santa wasn't so nice to me
he gave me a 40gb 7200rpm hard drive.. to put in my athlon 750, 128mb, geforce2 mx

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Fri Dec 28, 2001 10:42 pm

CPU: Athlon 1.1Ghz
System Board:ASUS A7A266
Memory: 384DDR Micron
Video: Radeon VIVO 64DDR
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy
HDD: 40 Gig WDC 7200RPM UDMA100
Monitor: 19" Sony VAIO 0.24mm Virtually flat screen :smile:

CPU: Athlon 750
System Board: FIC SD-11
Memory: 256 SDRAM Micron
Video: Geforce2 MX400 64
Sound: Sound Blaster Live!
HDD: Generic 20 GIG
Monitor: 17" Sony VAIO 0.24mm Virtually flat
screen

CPU: Athlon 600
System Board: Epox EP-7KXA
Memory: 512 SDRAM Micron
Video: Vodoo 3500
Sound: VIA On-board Audio
HDD: WDC 8Gig UDMA-66
Monitor: DAYTEK 17"

CPU: K6-2 400
System Board: (I cant rember right now)
Memory: 384 SDRAM
Video: TNT M64 32megs
Sound: TBS Montago
HDD: WDC 12Gig UDMA-33 Maxtor 10Gig UDMA-33
Monitor: MAG 17"

I am hoping to buy a Geforce 3 with my Xmas money as soon as a guy buy my radeon64 :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souleron on 2001-12-28 22:47 ]</font>
When I was boy cool graphics were two damn lines and dot and WE liked it!
Some times we did not even have that much we had to READ text and image in are heads!!!

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Sat Dec 29, 2001 1:39 am

LoL you can't post systems that you can't get running buddy! jk

Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:49 am

THEY ALL RUN, just one of them wont stop :smile:
When I was boy cool graphics were two damn lines and dot and WE liked it!

Some times we did not even have that much we had to READ text and image in are heads!!!

trillian
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby trillian » Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:15 pm

Hey, I have a car that has the same problem!
3r1k4

thadood
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby thadood » Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:31 pm

lol
I have the same stuff, I didn't get anything for my computer this timr round.
z0rz^thadood

poopsmuggler

Postby poopsmuggler » Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:44 am

My new computer:
Mother Board: Tyan Tiger MP
CPU: dual AMD 1800+xp
RAM: 512 PC2100DDR Corsair
Video card: Geforce2 Ultra
Sound: el cheapo for now (ran out of money)- guillemot maxi muse
Power supply: enermax 431watt whisper
Case: LiLian PC65 with Z4 water cooling kit
burner: Aopen 24x10x40, external firewire
other cd: Pioneer dvd 16x slot drive, external firewire
Harddrives: 2- 30, 2-60 1-120 gig internal
other: pci IDE maxtor conroller 100ultraDMA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PooPSmuggler on 2001-12-30 10:48 ]</font>

thadood
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby thadood » Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:43 pm

I hate you.
z0rz^thadood

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:31 pm

hehe nice setup. I can't argue with beauty. I would have pointed you to a different cooling kit, but it looks like you did good! cnat wait to see it at the next lan!!!

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:34 pm

hm.. dual athlon xp? why didnt you buy athlon mp? you would get better performance

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:43 pm

Man o man can you post some Benchmarks !! I want to see ..please please .. :grin:
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

poopsmuggler

Postby poopsmuggler » Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:18 pm

xp's that are found to work (some can't) in dual-smp- mode have exactly the same performance as the MPs as they are the same chip. Info from 2cpu.com. Mps are just supported by amd for smp as they cost alot more as they are proven to work. Security for IT mangers.

As for benchmarks, its going to be a little bit as I have all these pieces lying here on my table getting ready to put it together and I didnt get past first base. I purchased the Tyan tiger mp board weeks ago and never thought to check it against the photo on http://www.2cpu.com. The picture has the board showing the four mounting holes through the motherboard for the waterblock attachment. Mine does not have them, and now when i compare the two pictures, there are a few slight other differences as well, but mainly just the absence of the holes. I really want a clean looking case through the window so i dont want some big ol' hunking universal hold down device hanging on each cpu, so i have a couple of options. I have emailed Overclockershideout.com to get their advice, maybe they have another method. Or I need to sell my tigermp and get one of the new Asus or MSI dualli boards which, according to their pictures, have the holes. I cant access tyans site to check if theirs has holes on their website tonight as it is down for some reason. Anyway, anyone want a new tiger Mp? they are going for $198 on pricewatch, i will take $150, board has never been used, only mounted to the tray.

Anyway, I could put some heatsinks on and do some benchmarks if it looks like its going to take more then a few days to work this out. I am dying to see them too.

ps, the tiger mp is the stoutest board that i have ever seen, this baby must have more layers then the standard boards like abit's, i really like this board and really wish to keep it, but it might have to go and should serve someone well. Its a proven board with unheard of stability, according to the reviews.

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”