[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Lord of the Rings....first to see it!!!!! - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Lord of the Rings....first to see it!!!!!

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
trillian
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby trillian » Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:24 am

It was totally amazing!!!!!
Go see it....now!
Well, not RIGHT now....it's 3:20 am.
I have to be up in less than 3 hours!
But it was totally worth it!!!!!!!!
I am delerious!!!!!!!!
3r1k4

KungFoo

Postby KungFoo » Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:19 am

Seen it... just got back actually :smile: So you're not the first, HA! Lots of others from GF were there as well.
- Just call me Foo -

trillian

Postby trillian » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:18 am

Well, I was the first to post about it, anyway.
3r1k4

Steve_Jobs
Co-Organizer

Postby Steve_Jobs » Wed Dec 19, 2001 8:57 am

It premiered in the UK on Dec 10...... the illegal VCDs were being sold about a week before the premiere.

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:11 pm

VCDs are something i know personally I stay away from . Being a audio snob there is nothing like seeing a moving on the big screen with the full power sound a theather can give you. I had Eposide 1 almost a week before it hit the theathers didnt fire it up till after the movie. Didnt want to miss the great sound effects. For watching a movie multiple times VCDs are ok but the first time for me on good movies is always in the theather
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

|NUDE|Pharsalus
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby |NUDE|Pharsalus » Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:55 pm

I must agree with Ellie...this movie is a *must*-see. The graphics are amazing, the story is closer to the book than was previously imagined, the acting was top-notch, the actors and actresses fit their parts (as far as appearance and stature) to a tee...

Though parts of the book were missing in the movie, what was present was seemlessly woven together. There were times, in fact, when I didn't realize until later in the movie that something had been omitted.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Good job, Mr. Director Guy! :grin:
"As you do not know what is the way of the wind, or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, so you do not know the works of God who makes all things."

-- Ecclesiastes 11:5

Razzia
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby Razzia » Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:17 pm

Awesome movie :smile: We actually got together a group of 16 that was supposed to go see it. Me(Razzia), Pylon, KungFoo, MikeMSD, DeepTh0ught, Macros, Dmoney, Richard, Stephanie, Relork, Pharsalus, Thomas, David's Sister, and David's Friend, Peeyotch, and Mike#2. However Mike#2 couldn`t get off in time and Peeyotch took a nap and didn`t wake up in time. >:|. ANyhow, it was wonderful. By far the best fantasy movie I have ever seen. It was increadible.

Macros
ub4r n00b

Postby Macros » Wed Dec 19, 2001 11:02 pm

Awesome movie...though Tom wasn't in it!?

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Thu Dec 20, 2001 12:57 am

Someone refresh my memory. I read the books 20 years ago,yes I was 7. I saw it tonight and wanted to sit through it again. Too bad it was the last show of the night :wink: I thought it followed the book fairly well from what I remembered but was suprised at how many people were complianing about how it had strayed from the book. was it that far off. I'm going to reread them this weekend. Did anyone see a problem with the story? P.S two thumbs up best fantasy movie released in years.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordSmack on 2001-12-20 00:59 ]</font>
[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]
Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

NomortaL
n00b3

Postby NomortaL » Thu Dec 20, 2001 12:07 pm

I saw it yesterday, Awesome movie.

THe only two complaints i have was there was so much missing from the books (it seemed like the film was so rushed. That couldn't of been avoided though. And it seemed like 20% of the time someone in the movie was crying for some reason, it got a little old.

Overall, 9.5 out of 10 rating, everything else was Perfect.

Tiabin
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Tiabin » Thu Dec 20, 2001 3:33 pm

Yeah, a TON was omitted.
For those of you who don't know... The ring made gollum the creature he was, he wasn't already like that as they showed in the movie. Also... Tom Bombadil wasn't in it! He's the best character in the whole book!
Very dissappointed that he wasn't in it, I guess he'd just be too hard to play.
--
"...Cut through the bone, cut through the wire..." - White Zombie

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Thu Dec 20, 2001 4:01 pm

The only way to do something as epic as this correct would be to do a mini series, maybe on sci fi hint hint, but then you get a move low on violence, etc. Does anyone notice that when TV does a mini series they go PC but their regular shows are ultra voilent, graphic, etc? sliding off subject there.....
[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]

Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

Dark
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Dark » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:04 am

Movies are never as good as the books.

I honestly cant think of one ive seen that has done its original story justice.

.... Except Harry Potter, lol That was FUGGING-GREAT.
-M|ST-Darksheer

I like my computers like my Women.

Wet.

"Back up in your ass with the resurrection"

Steve_Jobs
Co-Organizer

Postby Steve_Jobs » Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:45 am

An HBO mini-series might work. It could have the production money of Band of Brothers and the violence of The Sopranos, and since it's on HBO (a pay channel) nobody could complain. The only problem would be the amount of money they would take in. An HBO mini series wouldn't generate anywhere near the amount of money of a box office release. Maybe they should have made around 9 films......hehehehhhe and then each one made around 500 million...... that's alot of money.

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:36 pm

To me it was damn good interperation of the book (been a while since i read it but i remeber most if it) and thats how i went into it ...preparing for one mans visions of a book. And i REALLY enjoyed it. The action was great , sound awesome, and visuals stunning ..bravo!
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”