[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
STILL ALIVE ! - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

STILL ALIVE !

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Sun Dec 16, 2001 5:50 am

ok i lived..now its time for a few hours of sleep ....thanks to all that helped and thanks to all that came ....
ZZZZZZzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

thadood
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby thadood » Sun Dec 16, 2001 1:08 pm

I just now woke up.. my shoulders hurt. I hate having to reconnect everything back up, but it's worth it.
z0rz^thadood

Relork
ub4r n00b

Postby Relork » Sun Dec 16, 2001 3:42 pm

well I live.... and I wanna play some EE.
Orooo! ~Kenshin

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:42 pm

10:30 EE ?

thadood

Postby thadood » Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:39 pm

http://thadood.ath.cx/images/gibfest/v6
Didn't take too many this time.
z0rz^thadood

AlfredENueman
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby AlfredENueman » Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:45 pm

Sure didn't. Oh well. Me and Bernard woulda done more video taping than we did, but Mike Dawoud had a problem with it. :razz:
No keyboard attached. Press F1 to continue.

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:11 pm

Well I had a blast althought I got my ace handed to me in counterstrike it was the most fun I've had in a while!
[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]
Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

MichaelDawoud
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby MichaelDawoud » Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:07 am

I hate hooking things back up. I still haven't done it. I'm on my laptop right now because it was the easiest to hook up. I'm halfway tempted to buy laptops just cause their so easy for LAN's :smile:

BTW, don't you go taking me out of context on that video camera alfred :razz:

sheepraper
n00b3

Postby sheepraper » Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:39 am

Thx for that pic of me(#17) thadood. I hated having to hook up my pc. What a pain :. Thx dood for supporting |sin| BTW :smile:, highly appreciated.

Tiabin
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Tiabin » Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:56 am

I hate having to hook things back up too.
Yeah, if they ever create a truly gamable laptop then I'll get one.
Right now I have to depend on convincing my younger brother that I'm too tired from lugging my moniter, and that I'm too tall to fit under my desk to hook things back up. Haha.
--
"...Cut through the bone, cut through the wire..." - White Zombie

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Mon Dec 17, 2001 1:16 am

Man you guys whine like a bunch of girls :smile: It only 7 cords per computer. I was up and running in five mins..... Now the only one I who could be could maybe whine Alittle is Chris who I think had 4 computers there :smile:

Well this was one cool LAN! As LordSmack stated TTTP got wipped bad :smile: Would not be the same with out the Unreal LAG :smile: You should really start putting that into the timing of the tounoment :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souleron on 2001-12-17 01:20 ]</font>
When I was boy cool graphics were two damn lines and dot and WE liked it!
Some times we did not even have that much we had to READ text and image in are heads!!!

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:04 am

To Tibian my laptop does UT in 1024x768 32bit at around 50fps average on Face :grin: And its got last years Geforce Go in it ..i can only imagine what the new 32 meg later revisions do ...*Drool*

To the people that hate setting up ...I agree Laptops and Rackmounts are the way to go ...i had my main rack mount back up in 3 minutes. The other PC that was our dhcp and file server is also my home firewall for my RR connection so it had to go back up. Took a few mintues.. The part i dont link its the monitors. The way to go here is just take the pain and do 15' or 17' inchers / Get a cheapie at the PC show for 75$ or so and use it as a "beater" thats what I do ..works great and i dont worry about it as much tossing it around in the car.Also wiretie all your wires together on what you can and just wrap em up and go ...Another thing is when setting up your PC on your desk make sure you can get it in and out easy...seems alot of people have to do spelunking to get thier PCs back in their desks and thats NO FUN !

On the lag during the UT tourny. The UT servers have always been known for thier"issues" but i have a strong feeling that it was " file sharing enabled, while trying to play on a server" that killed it. Basically it sorta works like this.
--Switches dont care if you file share it doesnt hurt others that bad (unless alot of people are doing it across the switches then it uploads the connecting port) the problem lies in the fact that if you are file sharing AND playing on a server then your latency will be higher and if you have a buggy/badly written server like the UT one then your lag kills the server.... basically we are going to work filesharing differently in the future. ....

If you want to test this start a 100meg file download then get on our fav CS or UT server :grin:

The CS tourny ran great ! Low Pings for all w00t !
To SIN and M3 DARN good fight gentlemen ! Glad all the CS teams could have a great time sorry for it starting so late..next time it will be BEFORE UT :grin: (that is if everyone doesnt start getting hooked on the Empire Earth Crack :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisLayton on 2001-12-17 02:06 ]</font>

KungFoo
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby KungFoo » Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:13 am

I'm hooked... just need a faster computer. What was I thinking when I bought my laptop? "I'm just going to need it for school.", Hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. Mistake.
- Just call me Foo -

sheepraper
n00b3

Postby sheepraper » Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:19 am

M3 was way good. They went far beyond what I was expecting. I knew we were screwed from the get go, but i thought that MAYBE we might make a miracle happen :. Maybe next time i guess, but it was a VERY fun game. It was my first gibfest and i'm glad i went also. THX for the complements, all us |sin| members had fun and enjoy playing against tought competition.

thadood

Postby thadood » Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:07 am

I'm just glad we won those 3-4 rounds =P
z0rz^thadood

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”