[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Let us not forget... - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Let us not forget...

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
KungFoo
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby KungFoo » Sat Dec 01, 2001 4:24 am

- Just call me Foo -

Dark
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Dark » Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:08 am

-M|ST-Darksheer

I like my computers like my Women.

Wet.

"Back up in your ass with the resurrection"

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Sat Dec 01, 2001 3:10 pm

Thanks Foo I am glad to be able to do it and its words like that and the ones people tell me in private that have kept me going though all 5 events ( and the 2 I have planned coming up).I am still looking for someone to take my place...to be the head guy for Gibfest. I still want to help by doing the website, helping run servers, Tech support at the events , etc but I do not want to be the one coming up with the $$$, getting alot of the backend setup and such. If anyone wants to do that I am open. I have Gib 7 already being planned and if someone wants to get their feet wet and see what it takes that will be a good event to do so. For after GIb 7 I will be stepping down on all but a yearly event. Someone is out there ..and with what I have learned and a lil help the event will go on ...now we just need that person :grin:

On your quote about people saying they can do it better I am TOTALLY OPEN to people coming to me and doing just that ...but in over a year i have seen none...PLEASE come ..i would LOVE to play for a gibfest and not work most of the night :grin:

I will say that poopsmuggler, Lord Smack and SomeNakedude are kicking it cool with thier LANs..My hats are off to em ! Keep up the postive packet flow gentlemen !

Once again ..if you think you can do it ? Want to do it ..want to run it ..want to hel p PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get in touch with me..or hell start your own lan ...memphis can NEVER get enough good lan action !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisLayton on 2001-12-01 15:28 ]</font>
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

trillian

Postby trillian » Sat Dec 01, 2001 3:26 pm

3r1k4

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Sat Dec 01, 2001 7:43 pm

[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]
Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Sun Dec 02, 2001 1:02 am

When I was boy cool graphics were two damn lines and dot and WE liked it!
Some times we did not even have that much we had to READ text and image in are heads!!!

Zoalord
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby Zoalord » Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:27 pm

Just a thought here, we'll see how it rocks the boat heh.
I was planning on undertaking alot of the responsibilities that chris has as head admin of GibFest. But I have re-enrolled in school and I am studying for all kinds of certifications as well as the 40 hour a week job. Money right now is very critical to me as I am on a low paying tech job with a 2bedroom apt + new car all by myself. What was discussed before was a type of group that did alot of the planning and reported to the higher ups. We have Lordsmack, Souleron, myself, MikeMSD, Chris, Ellie, MarcusB. If we setup a format for who needs to do what in order to get these events going as a group it would be less stressful on everyone. But it would have to be a group effort with our individual parts. Any thoughts?

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:02 pm

i have a lot of time open though the laser tag arena is consuming a lot right now I will help anyway I can.

Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:22 pm

here's an idea chris. you want to step down and become a behind the scenes guy well heres how to do it. Take applications or appoint a head man for the next gib to get the feel and train him/her on the ins' and outs' of hosting a "fest". Then take applications for the various positions you think will need to be filled( treasurer, advertising, networking, Web master, hardware, etc.)set up meetings on a by-weekely basis to prep them on how to run gib 7. When gib 7 gets here you should be able to take the role of "adviser" to help with trouble shooting. By the time gib 8 comes they should be ready to tackle it on their own. By the time gib 9 roles around Chris Layton will be the "guy who started it all" but is now Chris Layton gibber of enemies!

Thats my two Smack's worth anyway.

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:32 pm

I must give credit where credit is due
Andrew - Pylon
Mike - MikeMSD
and me are the ones that had the idea...Andrew is back to gaming..mike still works alot as do i but i would like to see more game time as I am sure Mike would too...
But that is a good idea smack ... :grin: might take ya up on it :wink:
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

Tiabin
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Tiabin » Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:11 pm

Andrew is... not on the forum! Let's all backbite him! Woohoo!
Err... Just kidding!
Yeah, like, wtg you guys :smile:
Gibfest is uber-elite and I hope to be at number 6.
--
"...Cut through the bone, cut through the wire..." - White Zombie

Pylon
ub4r n00b

Postby Pylon » Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:27 pm

<---lurker....i am so on the forum :grin:

i just get incredably lazy and never post anything. hehe
_/\_
If the Pylon must fall, and fall it shall, may we never forget, that it will rise once more, with no less dignity than before.

MichaelDawoud

Postby MichaelDawoud » Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:42 pm

And I reserve the right to pop my head in every now and then and delete peoples posts randomly. Stuff like that :grin:

Tiabin
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Tiabin » Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:08 am

Okay, Mike! I'm calling your bluff!!
Delete this post right here, just, just, just do it! Yeah!!
Woohoo!
--

"...Cut through the bone, cut through the wire..." - White Zombie

Zoalord
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby Zoalord » Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:19 pm

crazy ball of fur with eyes in the middle of it that blink about every 10 seconds.

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”