[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fun Filled Nite at TTP III - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Fun Filled Nite at TTP III

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:01 pm

Well we had a blast. No rogue spear this time. We were hooked on Aliens vs Predator II ! We spent at least 70% of our time playing this game. Great graphics, good game play, and a slight amount "alien" lag made for a fun filled nite. We has the pleasure of having Chris Layton and his crew show up, although we couldn't pull them away from Empire Earth long enough to breathe let alone play anything else :razz:
Our only hickup of the nite was when MR.B( who worked all day and slept most of the lan away) woke up long enough to turn on his computer and Pop the breaker putting us out of comission for about 60min. P.S. 10 computers on one breaker good/11 bad. Poopsmuggler brought enough food fo feed a small army and Six-Pack bought 4 pizzas. We started setting up at 12pm got playing hardcore at 5pm and crawled out of the clubhouse at 6am. Great time next TTP will in january. Check the TTP home page for more details.
[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]
Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:09 am

Yea it was fun hanging with you guys between our crack smoke ...err i mean Empire earth games. I look forward to getting AvsP2 and giving you guys some action next lan..or maybe even some GHost Recon (its on sale at comp for 27$ if you are looking for a good buy)
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:37 am

i wish i could go to the lan.. but i had a lot of problems and no ride

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:06 pm

Have to say this was best one yet LordSmack!! Loveed AvP2!!! I got my butt kicked by that damn Preditor more times than I can count :smile: I Finaly got some Counter-Strike action in this time too :smile:

Can not wait for the next one Dude!!!

Sorry But I only have 4 pics from this one. I was too busy gaming this time :smile: But I do have pics of when we lost power and we all were just standing there :smile:

Word of warring on AvP2: the server was getting 50-70 pings. I even saw some pop up to 100 when we alot of Aliens. I was running a dedicated server on a Athlon 600 running Windows XP with 512Megs on a 10mbps network. The sever computer was not used for gaming. I got normal pings of 10-20 when running the HL dedicated server for counter-strike. Not sure if this will make foe bad internet play or not I have not tried it out yet.
When I was boy cool graphics were two damn lines and dot and WE liked it!
Some times we did not even have that much we had to READ text and image in are heads!!!

poopsmuggler

Postby poopsmuggler » Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:15 pm

Had a great time, will be there next time if the wifee allows, hehehe. I will bring my 16 port 10/100 switch next time so I dont have the hear the excuses any more when I chomp on them with my alien, hehehe jk.

Steve_Jobs
Co-Organizer

Postby Steve_Jobs » Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:23 pm

Speaking of high pings in AVP2, I think PoopSmuggler said he has a 100mbps switch. Two of these, along with the LinkSys, may be helpful at the next LAN. Or we could move all the tables to the center of the room and have one 100mbps switch.

Steve_Jobs
Co-Organizer

Postby Steve_Jobs » Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:25 pm

speaking of the devil!

marcusb
ub4r n00b

Postby marcusb » Mon Nov 26, 2001 8:33 pm

TTP was definately a cool event. I'll be sure to hit the next one as well.

BTW, I heard there were these nuclear weapons in Empire Earth. I think I'll try using some next time...

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:49 pm

(21:16) *** Joins: LordSmack (trilluser@HubR-mcr-24-95-125-212.midsouth.rr.com)
(21:16) (LordSmack): anyone alive in here?
(21:17) *** Quits: LordSmack (Leaving)

Yes LordSmack, there are a couple of people alive there. You just need to wait several minutes until somebody answers.

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:44 pm

I know i check once or twice a day at work if i am not busy ....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisLayton on 2001-11-27 23:45 ]</font>
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:54 pm

ahhhhhhh ok Lag chat :wink: jk
[img:2u8pr407]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/pimpin.jpg[/img:2u8pr407]

Lead admin[url=http://www.memphisgibfest.com:2u8pr407]Gibfest Lan Parties[/url:2u8pr407]

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:27 pm

yeah! mental lag :razz:

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”