[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
MyNationLink - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

MyNationLink

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
boze
ub4r n00b

MyNationLink

Postby boze » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:42 pm

thadood
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby thadood » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:00 pm

boze
ub4r n00b

Postby boze » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:53 pm

This one:

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:41 pm

Well they are pretty good. They are always upgrading and improving their service. My connection stays constant and I only experience lag on a rare occasion. Their tech support man Mark is on call pretty much 24/7. The best part of using them is when I do have a problem I call Mark ( not a call center) and he usualy fixes whatever the problem was very quickly. I have never had a problem that wasn't resolved in a matter of hours NOT DAYS! They have big plans down the raod as well 8) I don't know if I can tell you what they are but it will be kick ace! Take it from Mynationlinks "bandwith junkie" I'm staying where I'm at.

boze
ub4r n00b

Postby boze » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:58 pm

So, how much downtime woudl you say you have a week/month? How long does it take to resolve?

Do you use their router? Is it stable?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this is kind of a big investment. I'm sure you don't mind... you being their bandwidth junkie.

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:39 pm

They always let you know a day ahead of time when they will go down and it is always something like we will take the router down for maintenance at 12am and it will be back up at 12:30am. This has happened twice since I signed up like 5 months ago. They always do it real late at night and it has never affected me. I use their router. It is a speed touch 510 and it’s pretty small. I have never had any trouble out of it. Knock on wood….They have never had an unscheduled drop off since I’ve been with them. That brings up a point too. Even when I had DirecTV DSL I never had any noticeable downtime either. Compare this to the hell I went through with cable………….ACK… don’t even want to think of that…… And yes that is what mark has called me the “bandwidth junkie” I bug the crap out of him. I’ll call him and say like” hey, my ping is up 10 points what gives?” He looks into it and goes through hell and high water to make the bandwidth junkie happy. Not that 10 points on a ping is a big deal but I do like to talk Smack ;)

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:51 pm

Thanks, LordSmack. From what you have said, I think I just might switch. If they have a referral program or something, let me know and I will help you out. One last question... do you know anything about specifically where in Memphis their data centers are? Thanks.

boze
ub4r n00b

Postby boze » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:51 pm

Eh... didn't log in.

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:10 pm

hmmm.. not sure but I'm sure Mark could tell you.. Just tell them LordSmack(Chris Tamer) sent you. Call them and ask to speak to Mark and he can answer all your tougher questions..

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”