[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Retro LAN - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Retro LAN

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
Souleron
Co-Organizer

Retro LAN

Postby Souleron » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:06 am

I have a friend that has a few P233 and I was thinking of tring to set up a retro lan party. Load them up with DOS or Win95. Hope to find the network divers. Load up some DOOM 2, War2, Diablo or what ever old LAN game you can find. You wont need your own computer I am not sure on the monitors yet.

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:05 am

hehe I just watched 3 hours of VH1! Man not only do I feel old knowing all the lyrics to those vids but it really makes this sound like a good idea!

Steve_Jobs
Co-Organizer

Postby Steve_Jobs » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:24 pm

A retro lan would be cool. I've still got all my old Doom CDs, as well as my Quake CDs.

As a side note, Darkz will be running a retro server at the Midsouth con. He'll be running an Unreal Coop server (with all the updates), and the Unreal Na Pali expansion pack (with the Na Pali Coop patch, avail here: http://www.planetnapali.com ).

Since it's a 3-day LAN, we're going to attempt to run through the entire game and expansion pack in Coop mode. It should be a lot of fun. Everyone's welcome to join in.

Coop Doom was alot of fun too. We used to play medium difficulty and try to get through the entire game without dying. I could only get to the 10th level or so before dying, but it was still alot of fun.

Diablo, Diablo, Diablo.... man.... the amount of hours playing that game :D Now that I've got a much faster computer, I wonder if that damn game will still freeze up in the middle of a big battle.... I would go from full hit-points to death in less than a millisecond!!! WTF!!!

You're bringing back old memories Souleron, I think I'm going to cry
:cry: *snif snif*

Dark
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby Dark » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:03 am

Doom Legacy is the shiznit.

http://legacy.newdoom.com/
-M|ST-Darksheer

I like my computers like my Women.

Wet.

"Back up in your ass with the resurrection"

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”