[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Anyone using 2003 .net Server ? - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Anyone using 2003 .net Server ?

Talk about Pets, old Girl/Boyfriends, Favorite Bands...i dont care =)
ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Anyone using 2003 .net Server ?

Postby ChrisLayton » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:26 pm

If so post impressions here.
I know I am ready for it as I felt XP was lacking in many areas. This new MS OS seems to have taken many of the good aspects of XP and intergrated them into a robust OS with many new features and tools.

The RC2 Enterprise server 2003 Version (Build 3718) I am using is very stable and worked on some older offbeat hardware:
Abit VP6
Celeron 700
3 different kinds of RAM 1.2g total

Seems they have made changes to Active Dir as it wont let me set this PC up as part of my current directory without changes (dont know if i am ready to let the beta go past that one PC yet and modify my one network)

IIS has many new features for isolating websites and limited what they can us as far as system resources.

anyone else got input ?

Steadler
ub4r n00b

Postby Steadler » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:20 pm

the day its ezier to get mac games the day i switch

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:18 pm

I think its better for games. My Radeon 7200 worked like crap under 2000 but worked better in XP and great in 98. That may have been more of a ATI driver issue but it still worked better.

I like some of the cosmetic stuff they did too. I never really liked Icons on my desktop and the start menu seems to have more function in it now.

you sure you posted this on the right message board? :)

Zhay_Dawg
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Zhay_Dawg » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:49 pm

2000 was nice... XP has nice pictures.

I was going to use .Nyet, but guess what? M$ prevailed, and crashed the stinking "Microsoft File Transfer" thingy when I was at 63 mb left! I was/am on a dial-up link, so that is the pits. Looked nice, though.. IIS 6, and all... :)

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:35 pm

Its very nice...I am ready for a final RC or at least one with out a built in timer that I can use for a while =)

Return to “YeOleChatRoomMemphisLanStyle”