[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Great - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Great

Discuss the upcoming event here
Dakota
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Great

Postby Dakota » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:49 am

Steve_Jobs
Co-Organizer

Postby Steve_Jobs » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:26 am

Hey Dakota, I'm glad to hear you had a lot of fun. About the network, was the slowness problem you experienced constant or intermittent?

I think the admin section lost power more than all others combined :lol: I blame Soulerons extra-bass headphones. He should have left those at home :D

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:36 am

I had a fun time. Aside from the power problems, it was a fun time.

I think the next one should have a RalliSport Challenge Tourney!! heheheh or a Madden 2003 tourney!!!

It was fun guys...thanks.

ltbs (not itbs) :)

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:47 am

Once I got into the main switch I never saw a load over 60% for any uplink (this was just for a very brief period of about 3 seconds )with a average of about 4% for any port on the master switch.

What did you mean by subnetting Dakota ? Something along the lines of moving all the gamers PCs into like 192.168.2.0/23 and all the admins PCs into 192.168.1.0/23 ?

Dakota
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Dakota » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:35 pm

This might kinda explain it, and this subnet would probably be sufficient for Gibfest. Bascially it just divides the network into sections, resticting broadcast traffic to one section of the network.

http://www.ralphb.net/IPSubnet/example.html

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:45 pm

I understand that, what I am trying to get at is what your reasoning is behind wanting to lower the subnet size on the network? The network had a max of almost 110ips in use at the event over the course of the night so we COULD use a /25 or 255.255.255.128 but I am courious if you have seen on done testing with HP Procurves (or other switches) in that enviroment that yeilded a better network benchmark than running the /24 255.255.255.0 Subnet that we were running.

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:54 pm

Dakota
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Dakota » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:05 pm

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:12 pm

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:08 am

Tehdran
n00b3

Postby Tehdran » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:10 am

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:32 am

{K5K} RedZot
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby {K5K} RedZot » Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:22 pm

I would like to say thanks to the staff and admins for Gibfest 8. I had a great time. Hopefully next time I can get more {K5K} PPL there!!!! I hope to see some of you at our event on the 28th!!

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:47 pm

trying to make it myself

Pharsalus
Sacr3d m0nk3y Keep3r

Postby Pharsalus » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:23 pm

PhiberOptik and I are planning on going! :D I would offer to get more people involved, but we're taking his car since my truck is gimpy...so I'm not sure if we'd have room.

I wish I had a Vannigan...for free....that worked...for my computers...cuz I is po'. *cough*GREG!*cough* ;p

--Pharsalus

Return to “Gibfest Info”