Gibfest Casting Option Poll

Discuss the upcoming event here
GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Gibfest Casting Option Poll

Postby GokouZWAR » Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:10 pm

Alright, since a lot of teams don't like their secrets given out, I need to make sure we're keeping everyone happy. Generally this is a team game thing. For Deathmatch type games, this poll won't really apply.

Anyway, the deal here is that if you'd like to be able to listen in on the cast LIVE (IE, as I cast it, the cast will be heard AT the lan) Then vote yes on this poll. Keep in mind that your team's tactics may be revealed to the other players (IE I will,say things like, "X player just did X (something cool and sneaky) to Y player. So he'd better watch out for that next time!") This could have a serious effect on the tournament and your team's tactics.

On the flip side, if you vote no to this poll then if you're bored you won't be able to listen in on the cast as something to do. Generally this won't be an issue, worse case senario, install Tribes 2 and join the alpha test of "The Great Tribal War 2" mod between tourneys. Keep in mind that the deathmatch casts will just be a general request to the players of that game on weather or not they want it cast or not. I'll basically ask both players if they're cool with it being broadcast, or I'll take requests to have matches cast if both players come to me and ask.

Keep in mind that if this poll ends in a NO vote also, no players will be allowed around the broadcast area during a match cast, simply because you'd be able to observe the teams via my observation system.

Poll will run for 1 week so post your opinion now. Abstaining won't help you. If one guy votes yes and the rest don't vote, then we'll do it.
GokouZWAR
-Project Lead for The Great Tribal War 2
www.planettribes.com/gtw

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:07 am

Bump to top. I only got 9 votes here. Out of the 50 coming, lets get some more votes here. If you don't vote then you may not like what is going to happen! All I can say is that's tough luck. Looks to me like I'll be casting games to the audiance at the request of the teams. If you don't like that, then you'll need to vote for sure.

You have until sunday before these polls go down. So there's still time to vote.
GokouZWAR

www.planettribes.com/gtw

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:56 am

Last day to vote folks. Vote now or forever hold your peices :P
GokouZWAR

www.planettribes.com/gtw

Return to “Gibfest Info”