[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Help wanted... - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Help wanted...

Discuss the upcoming event here
LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Help wanted...

Postby LordSmack » Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:24 pm

We are looking for people who want to help with setup and take down at gibfest events. If you are interested and willing to be treated like a slave :twisted: email me at lordsmack@memphislan.com You can also see what positions are open at

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

work wanted!

Postby GokouZWAR » Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:40 am

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:47 am

your hired erg.... you know its pro-bono ;)

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:07 pm

Ya think? :wink:

Ok, well I guess in that case I'm in :lol:

Live shoutcast defenatly, as well as setup Coordinator right here :D
GokouZWAR
-Project Lead for The Great Tribal War 2
www.planettribes.com/gtw

MeTaLLo
Co-Organizer

Postby MeTaLLo » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:33 am

whats this live shoutcast? that winamp thing?

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:59 am

Yeah the shoutcast is done through winamp. It's a plugin for it. I may be the only one at the LAN that will take speakers in. I got a nice 5.1 system hooked up to my shoutcast system. I'm hoping that these speakers will be good enough to project the shoutcast to the live audiance well enough. If not I may need a set of external satalite speakers for the back of the room. We may be able to use this system for the annoucement system for the LAN.

Anyone know if the gym at STCC has a stage or something? I saw some of the pictures from Gibfest 7.5 and that place had a stage. Is that were we will be?
GokouZWAR

www.planettribes.com/gtw

LordSmack
Co-Organizer

Postby LordSmack » Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:11 am

Souleron brings his amped system and does the hltv. you could probably hook into his system.

Telix
n00b3

10" amp

Postby Telix » Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:18 am

i have a 444watt 10 inch sub thats full range, it'll project across an auditorium, all I need is a 12VDC step down box( i think i have one i can use so don't really worry unless you have a high quality one), and an audio input(line or high range)..... More than happy to share...since it has it's own amp screwed to the top, it could easily be added onto the existing system for that extra umph....

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:29 pm

Well this system I have here is basically a computer 5.1 system on it. As long as you have a way to attach your system to a headphone jack we should be good with that. Either way, I think mine should echo rather well out to the far corners of the room. Not having to haul these speakers out will defenatly help me out though, so bring yours. If you can, show up at the meeting so we can talk about what you got.
GokouZWAR

www.planettribes.com/gtw

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:25 pm

I have a Crate amp. It does 150 per change X2 @ 4 ohms and 220 per channel @ 2 ohoms x2. watts are @ rms.

I have 2 8 ohm speakers rated at 150watts max(I think). Do the math.

One problem is my speakers.

Another problem well not really a problem but I need a low level input source for the amp.

I really dont think a computer 5.1 sound system will be enough for a gym. But I could be wrong. I dont think lordsmack was looking for a complete DJ music thing setup but I could be wrong there again. Sence NO ONE TELLS ME ANYTHING.

One more probelm is I need my RCA cables for my amp fixed. Lordsmack the sodring iron please!

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:46 pm

if I could find my system on the net I'd post the link here. Lemme go look on Amazon.com for it...

.... ok that didn't take long :P Here's the link for my system:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... &n=1091262

Technical data

Model: ACS56
Number of speakers: 5 (4 satellites, 1 subwoofer)
Drivers (per satellite): 3-inch full range
Drivers (subwoofer): 6.5-inch long throw woofer
Satellite power: 8.75 watts
Subwoofer power: 35 watts
Frequency response: 30 Hz to 18 kHz
Input impedance: >10 k ohms
Signal-to-noise ratio: >65 dB
Interface: 2 analog inputs for 3D positional audio, 1 S/PDIF input for PCM digital audio
Headphone output jack: No
Compatibility: Any PC audio, portable, or other device with 3.5 millimeter headphone or line-out jack <<---anyone else that has a system to use MUST HAVE THIS SO I CAN CONNECT TO MY SYSTEM

Ok, so my system sucks compared to some here, but damn, when I boost that thing up to full power the neighbors can feel the subwoofer :P

Also note: the speakers (except for the controller speaker) connect to the subwoofer via RCA jacks. So if you have satalite speakers I can hold 3 of em on the woofer and we won't have to much problems.

Damn, this system is STILL $150 even 3 years later after I've bought it...
GokouZWAR

www.planettribes.com/gtw

Telix
n00b3

My computer speaker system

Postby Telix » Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:35 am

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_det ... ATP4&sID=1

lemme know what you think :)

i'm findling with it right now, but it should be ready by gibfest

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:23 pm

Souleron
Co-Organizer

Postby Souleron » Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:54 am

GokouZWAR
Co-Organizer

Postby GokouZWAR » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:49 pm

Hey if we do a mini-LAN at Lordsmack's clubhouse that would be a good place for me to test out the Shoutcast deal...

I'm gonna post about 5 polls on here to find out what people want so I can bring the goodz :P
GokouZWAR

www.planettribes.com/gtw

Return to “Gibfest Info”