[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Lord of The Rings - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Lord of The Rings

Baldurs Gate 2 Icewindale , Ever-Crack and the rest. Find locals to play with, hints, etc ....
~NeXuS~
n00b3

Postby ~NeXuS~ » Sat May 12, 2001 11:11 am

Blasphemy!

Unfortunately, ladies and gentlemen, I am one of the few who has yet to read the series of this marvelous title. :grin:

*If anyone knows more about the development of this game or wants to discuss it, feel free to do that*

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Sat May 12, 2001 11:31 am

Do you have a link ? I would LOVE to check it out. I have a Lord of the rings game here from about 1995 or so that was a good game for its time but long dated now. I would be courious how the new game would be and if it would be there just because of the movie as a "extra advertising" item or if some good crew of game developers was involved.
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

~NeXuS~
n00b3

Postby ~NeXuS~ » Sun May 13, 2001 12:53 pm

For now, the press release says that the game is still in development and probably be released early 2002. Unfortunately, the first game, "The Fellowship of the Ring," will be released on a next-generation console system. But wait, there's a bright side, they are planning to release it on all major platforms. So I guess we have to wait until that happens, but I'm sure the game will look promising. The link is http://www.sierrastudios.com

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Wed May 16, 2001 9:58 pm

Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

~NeXuS~
n00b3

Postby ~NeXuS~ » Sat Aug 04, 2001 8:28 am

Okay, in regards to "The Lord of the Rings" movie. Did anyone see it's new trailer? It was very fat. It was a preview before Rush Hour 2. Rush Hour 2 was hillarious. Very good movie. I reccommend everyone to go see it...hehe for a good laugh. Anyways, back to the point, the trailer for "TLOR" is awesome. Can't wait till the movie comes out December...and whenever the game releases...:grin:

NightBreed
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby NightBreed » Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:31 pm

ok I went to the sight posted and there isnt anything there as far as the LOR game I dont know if they took it off or what but I dont see it listed
Im here where are you ?

Jester
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Jester » Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:42 pm

Wow!! I just read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I think it is definately one of the best if not the best series I have ever read! Has anyone read the Similiarians?(spelling)is it good? I can't wait for the movie, and since all you guys down south get to see it first let me know what its like!! PLEASE!
[img:144dil3h]http://www.immortalrealm.org/~signatures/images/jester.jpg[/img:144dil3h]

|NUDE|Pharsalus
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby |NUDE|Pharsalus » Tue Aug 28, 2001 5:22 am

Silmalarion is, for all practical purposes, a compilation of Tolkein's notes that try to explain the history of people, places, and occurances from the Trilogy (and The Hobbit).

As with most history books, I didn't find it very exciting. However, if you are interested in learning the lore and ways of the MiddleEarth kingdoms of old, then there is no better book for it.
"As you do not know what is the way of the wind, or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, so you do not know the works of God who makes all things."

-- Ecclesiastes 11:5

Jester
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Jester » Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:42 am

Thanks BlindProphet! um.... nude Pharsalus=)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jester on 2001-08-29 20:39 ]</font>
[img:144dil3h]http://www.immortalrealm.org/~signatures/images/jester.jpg[/img:144dil3h]

~NeXuS~
n00b3

Postby ~NeXuS~ » Sat Sep 01, 2001 7:11 pm

I checked the link again, and the article about the game may have been removed. If I find any info. on the game again, then I will be sure to post the link. I read "The Hobbit" this summer and got half way through "The Fellowship of the Rings." Unfortunately, college just started and now I'm really occupied with school. =(

NomortaL
n00b3

Postby NomortaL » Sun Sep 02, 2001 10:09 am

I too, am very excited about the movie, been looking forward for it for a year now

~NeXuS~
n00b3

Postby ~NeXuS~ » Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:48 pm

Okay, I might be a little late on this but has anyone seen the new trailer for Lord of the Rings movie. It is on http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/f ... _the_ring/ or http://www.lordoftherings.net

The new trailer is sooo UBER. Man, it is teasing me like crazy. I'm pretty sure everyone in the forum is dying to see it because I know I am. :smile:

Jester
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Jester » Thu Sep 27, 2001 1:48 am

That was awesome Nexus *pauses for a quick drag* ahhh what a movie and I wonder if it is 1 or 3 parts? :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jester on 2001-09-27 02:48 ]</font>

trillian
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby trillian » Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:48 am

There will be three parts. What you saw is the trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring. The Two Towers will come out in December of 2002 and Return of the King will be in December of 2003.
They filmed all three together though.
3r1k4

NomortaL
n00b3

Postby NomortaL » Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:37 pm

Wow, very impressive, been waiting for 2years lol

Return to “RPGs -Not Just for Breakfast any more”