[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
? - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

?

Gaming Under Linux- ?'s <loves> / Hates #/bin/sh
KungFoo
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby KungFoo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 3:50 pm

Are there any Linux gamers in memphis?
- Just call me Foo -

thadood
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby thadood » Tue Feb 20, 2001 3:51 pm

I wish I could, but I'm running out of HD space, and was forced to remove my Slackware partition.
z0rz^thadood

KungFoo

Postby KungFoo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 3:55 pm

Noooo! Slackware is great man, it doesn't deserve that.
- Just call me Foo -

thadood

Postby thadood » Tue Feb 20, 2001 3:57 pm

I know, I know =\
As soon as I build my new computer with more space, It'll have a home :grin:
Some of the other reasons for removing Slack is that I am constantly playing games that aren't available in Linux, and I also host my own website, and some friends, with the highly unstable system we like to call Win2K. Billy boy says that Win2K beats *nix in benchmarks.. did he mention which, and how many? bah.
z0rz^thadood

MisterT

Postby MisterT » Tue Feb 20, 2001 4:43 pm

win2k is pretty stable compared to other windows OS's, and it does beat *nix in benches, but simply because there is no real company driver support for graphics cards in *nix.
the original llama pimp

KungFoo

Postby KungFoo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 4:55 pm

I don't have any benchmarks or anything, but Win2K can't be any more stable than Linux.
- Just call me Foo -

thadood

Postby thadood » Wed Feb 21, 2001 11:01 am

Win2K needs a reboot an average of every 90 days (as said so by a MS page), on the other hand, linux can go.. ages, as shown by many uptime results. (2+ years is insane)
z0rz^thadood

Stinkfist

Postby Stinkfist » Thu Feb 22, 2001 4:36 am

Stinkfist
---
l33t sig, check it.

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:04 pm

Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

Ichthlaxulu

Postby Ichthlaxulu » Sun Apr 01, 2001 1:15 am

What kind of gaming exactly will I be able to do under linux? I can mud, or play some snes roms, but what other than that can I do?

I wouldn't mind seeing what kind of fps I could get on some ported (emulation = bad) games.

Hypnocraze
ub4r n00b

Postby Hypnocraze » Sun Apr 01, 2001 1:51 am

Um, if you want a quick selection. http://www.lokigames.com . They port windows games to Linux like Quake 3, Tribes 2, Unreal tournament. Civilzation. The list goes on.
He didn't get 5 cd's he only got 2. And I talked to the guys at loki software about them maybe being able to send me a new cd and they were ausome. They are getting one right in the mail to me. btw the linux reg codes for Q3 are different so no big d

Return to “Gaming With The Penguin”