[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Redhat 7.1 - Page 2 - Memphislan.com Keeping Memphis Fragg'n Since 1999

Redhat 7.1

Gaming Under Linux- ?'s <loves> / Hates #/bin/sh
mobrep
n00b3

Postby mobrep » Wed Aug 15, 2001 2:44 pm

yeah. but 80 bucks for redhat? comeone
like someone said before. right out of
the box it has things you have to fix.
and as most know redhat has more holes
than any other distro. but if someone
wants to pay 80bucks for it. then thats
there deal.

Enterprize396
Forum n00b
Forum n00b

Postby Enterprize396 » Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:56 pm

Hey i know this is cheap but you can get redhat 7.0 and soonly 7.1 with the book linux for dummies and well i got it from the library
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

|NUDE|Pharsalus
ub4r l337 n00b

Postby |NUDE|Pharsalus » Sat Aug 18, 2001 12:18 pm

Personally, I woudln't mind paying $80 for RedHat. It would sulk for a while because I was out of $80, but I would then realize that I'm contributing to the cause (much like what Spam said). I respect and admire what Linux is trying to do and realize that even *they* cannot expand without money. They have to sell seomthing, otherwise the company would never go anywhere.
"As you do not know what is the way of the wind, or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, so you do not know the works of God who makes all things."

-- Ecclesiastes 11:5

mobrep
n00b3

Postby mobrep » Sat Aug 18, 2001 9:30 pm

i dont like redhat. but, i agree. for the
most part.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mobrep on 2001-08-18 22:32 ]</font>

thadood
Heir to the five rings of l337-ness

Postby thadood » Sat Aug 18, 2001 9:47 pm

You enjoy putting stuff on
another line don't you? :grin:
z0rz^thadood

mobrep
n00b3

Postby mobrep » Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:45 am

marcusb
ub4r n00b

Postby marcusb » Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:00 pm

MichaelDawoud
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby MichaelDawoud » Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:33 am

I just personally like Debian because of apt. I don't like Redhat because of it's default shell prompt, and the fact they invented RPM :grin:

And don't go telling me you can change the default shell prompt, I'll have none of that!

thadood

Postby thadood » Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:53 am

Perhaps you can help me with debian? I got it up and running, but no sound for my sb live.. and blackbox is pretty bare.
z0rz^thadood

ChrisLayton
Webmaster | Founder

Postby ChrisLayton » Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:58 am

you bash hater ...begone with thee :grin:To me any linux is good linux ...bash"ing" any of them just goes to show why linux isnt up to speed with windows yet for division only leads to slow progress .
Co-Founder of Gibfest / Head Webmaster Memphislan.com

Zoalord

Postby Zoalord » Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:01 am

the real question is how do you keep the OS using every ounce of the hardware like it does, while trying to make the OS more user friendly without writing lines and lines of code like windows has and slowing down your PC.

mobrep
n00b3

Postby mobrep » Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:30 am

marcusb.. i'm not like that. but rh is more insecure than most other distros. and like MichaelDawoud i prefer debian.

thadood. as for your problem. you should update your kernel. from kernel.org 2.4.*.tar.gz. compile that. there is a howto on linuxnewbie.org. under sound: enable sound. oss. and the sblive. or before you get to oss it has sblive. i dont remember i'd have to look. i'll do that when i get home and post the details.

MichaelDawoud
Keeper of the Sacred n00b Chalice

Postby MichaelDawoud » Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:38 pm

mobrep
n00b3

Postby mobrep » Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:46 pm

mobrep
n00b3

Postby mobrep » Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:17 pm

Return to “Gaming With The Penguin”